Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Coddington Brewing Company

Well, after three flights to get us from Michigan to Rhode Island, we had finally made it! We traveled to Rhode Island because one of my husbands long time friends was getting married so we decided to make a long weekend out of it. Shortly after arriving, we went out to a late dinner with a few friends, and the groom.  Lucky for us, after traveling and being in a car all day, it was about five minutes from our hotel.


Since we were at a brewery, even though I am not the biggest fan of beer I decided to try one of their recommended kinds. I ordered the blueberry beer, and it wasn't bad.


For an appetizer we ordered "Coddington's Ultimate Nachos", which was topped with two cheeses, black olives, jalapeno peppers, onions, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole and salsa. They were a delicious way to start the meal.


For the main course, I ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The chicken was perfectly cooked, and it was almost in roulade form so when I cut into it there was a spiral pattern made with the ham. I couldn't taste the cheese to be honest. It was finished with a Parmesan cream sauce, but the Parmesan flavor was very faint and I couldn't taste the salty goodness that makes people love Parmesan. My side of red mashed potatoes were good, my side of broccoli wasn't seasoned at all with salt or butter or anything.



For our first meal in Rhode Island, ever, it was amazing. I would recommend this restaurant for multiple reasons, from relaxing and drinking beers, to even dressing up and eating a fancy dinner. There is something for everyone. 

Below is a link to their website.




No comments:

Post a Comment