Monday, July 28, 2014

The Haywire Family Restaurant

This past week was pretty long and stressful for me, having lost someone in my family. It was nice to get away this past Saturday and go for what ended up being a 6 hour side by side ride. Sometimes, there is nothing better than being out in the middle of the woods and feeling the wind on your face.

For a late lunch, we decided to stop out at the Haywire Family Restaurant (which is about 12 miles South of Munising, MI). I think this was about the third time I have been out to this restaurant, since for me I technically live almost two hours away. But, I have never had a bad.....well, anything, at this place.


If you are in the Munising, Shingleton, Wetmore area, don't be confused by the fact that it has a Manistique address. It is much closer to Munising than it is to Manistique. The restaurant itself has an outdoor, rustic feel and everything is clean and organized.  It is family run, and the staff has always been kind. The menu is made from scratch, along with all of their homemade desserts that are made fresh daily.

My husband ordered the award winning Corn Chowder, that is topped with bacon and herbs.

For my main dish I ordered the Brisket sandwich, which is filled with slow-roasted beef brisket, caramelized onions and green peppers, and mixed with an amazing BBQ sauce. Served as a side are hand-cut french fries.

And of course, if they tell you that all of the desserts are fresh daily, you HAVE to try one. I decided on the raisin bread pudding, with Bavarian cream sauce, dusted with cinnamon. Yum!

It is by far my favorite restaurant in the area, and if you are out on the trails or driving through, you NEED to stop here! Below is a link to the menu, and be sure to look them up on Facebook.







No comments:

Post a Comment