Thursday, October 2, 2014

Becky's BBQ


I won't lie, I had written this restaurant down on my list of "to eat at" because of the fact that my name is also Becky. And it just so happens that I love BBQ. But after visiting and reading the background story of the business, I almost feel honored to have eaten their food.

(Photo from their main website, link listed at the bottom of the page)

This is a picture of Becky, of Becky's BBQ. In 1998, Becky and her husband Bob opened this restaurant. It was her dream to bring delicious real BBQ to the area. In 2004 she passed away from cancer, and the rest of the family has made it a mission to keep her dream alive by feeding people. 


 Not only does it feel homey when you walk in, but it literally is a house, to which part is converted into a restaurant. The dining room is small as is the kitchen, but the smells that come out of the tiny kitchen are mouth watering. We decided to get something to go, since we had a wedding to make it to in about 2 hours. We both got the BBQ Pulled Chicken Lunch Plate, that came with a side of corn bread, and another side of your choice. I got the corn as my side. Mmm mmm mmm...... I could have eaten about 10 times the amount of chicken.


This family is serving up some amazing BBQ, in a most unexpected area. Help spread the story and dream of Becky, and tell everyone you know who is visiting or near the area to eat here. You will not regret it, and neither will your taste buds. 

A link to their main website and Facebook page is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment