Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Red Lobster of Marquette. I could do with or without...


I don't frequent Red Lobster often, considering I think that a lot of the things on the menu is way over priced. This time I got out-voted so we ventured there for a late dinner. I do love the cheddar biscuits that come complimentary with every meal (even though I know how to make them at home now). And for someone like myself who is not a seafood person, they do have quite a few options that are of the "land" variety.






I can't remember what this drink is called, and I tried to look it up online on the menu, but I had no luck finding it. It was a combination of coconut, banana and rum, with a shot of Disoronno on the side, and topped with a dash of nutmeg. It was an amazing drink. A very strange combination but when all put together, it worked.


I am not a huge steak or red meat person but for once it sounded good so I ordered the Wood-Grilled Peppercorn Sirloin and shrimp. The shrimp was amazing and had a nice char on one side to give it a little bit of texture. The mashed potatoes are still my favorite, because they don't mash it all of the way through so you are left with a few chunks in it here and there. Although the potatoes were seasoned perfectly, the broccoli was not seasoned at all. I had ordered my steak cooked medium, because I like my steak with just a hint of pink in the middle, but fully cooked through. It's a good thing that I was in no mood to send anything back. My steak 3/4 of the way through, minus the edges, was mooing still. It was a dark pink, on the verge of purple on the inside. I guess next time I will have to order it medium well, or just order chicken like I normally do.

It's not a terrible place to eat. The staff is always friendly, the restaurant is clean. If it were me, I would have over a dozen choices of places to go before eating here, because to me it is nothing special and just over priced seafood.

A link to the menu and Facebook page is below:

Red Lobster, Main Site

Marquette Red Lobster, Facebook Page


No comments:

Post a Comment