Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sol Azteca


When I heard that this restaurant was opening in Marquette, I was elated! Mexican cuisine is my favorite and when we lost the previous Mexican restaurant that was in Marquette i was devastated. Sol Azteca makes everything from scratch and everything I have eaten here has been amazing. Since they are usually packed with a long waiting list around dinner time, my family and I decided to go around 1 PM in the afternoon which was a perfect time to go.


Served with every meal is salsa and fresh chips. I am a cheese addict however, so we always get a large cheese dip for an appetizer, pictured above (not sure if it is Queso Blanco or Queso Fresco that is melted but it is delicious regardless).



For dinner, I ordered the #12 Combination, which included one beef burrito, one enchilada and one tamal. The plate doesn't look very pretty, but the flavor is out of this world. Out of everything on the above combination plate, I would say I could eat a whole truck load of tamales.

If you love Mexican food made from scratch (and no, Taco Bell isn't in the least bit considered "fresh" or "real Mexican"), you should definitely stop and eat here. It has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Below is a link to their Facebook page:

Sol Azteca, Facebook Page



No comments:

Post a Comment