Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Blimpie, 50 years of Delicious


One of my favorite places to get subs from, other than Subway, would have to be Blimpie. Before moving to Ishpeming I had never really eaten here. Now my husband and I get subs and salads from here frequently. Although you do get more sauce and topping options at Subway, the subs at Blimpie are completely different and unique. They also have different bread and bun options here that you won't find at Subway.


The above sandwich is the Buffalo Chicken Panini grilled sub. I always ask for the original, minus raw onions. This sub is layered with sliced buffalo chicken breast (and yes, they actually slice the meat fresh, in front of you), provolone cheese, tomatoes, hot sauce and Ranch dressing. I always get it on the Ciabatta bread which gives the outside a great crunch.


One of my new favorites would have to be the Turkey, Bacon and Cheddar sub on the pretzel bread. The pretzel bread is AMAZING. I am a huge fan of soft pretzels regardless. The sub is layered with oven-roasted turkey, crisp bacon, smoked cheddar cheese, tomatoes and instead of getting the spicy mustard sauce that normally comes on it, I opted for the chipotle mayonnaise. I also added lettuce and pickles. Yum!


 They also have amazing soups. My two favorites are the chili (first and second picture above), and the cheddar broccoli (above right picture).


If you are in Ishpeming and have a craving for a good sub or hot soup (especially now that it is Fall, and for us practically Winter), stop in and grab some Blimpie subs! They also have a drive-through. The main website with the link to their menu is below.

Blimpie main website

No comments:

Post a Comment