Friday, October 10, 2014

Patti's Pierogis


While on our Rhode Island trip, we had almost an entire free day (we were pretty busy while there). We decided to go and see the Lizzie Borden house in Fall River, MA. It was only about a half hour drive or so from where we were staying. Whether you believe in the supernatural or not, I did get a pretty cool ghost picture while there, and it was (and I know this will make me seem creepy, which I guess I somewhat am) actually very cool and interesting...and fun. I love a good ghost story, even if the situation is tragic.


We were also told that we need to stop at Patti's Pierogis while in town and then I realized that I had seen that episode re-run not too long ago on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. So of course, now we HAD to go. And boy, did we eat our fair share....had we not had to board a plane the next day, and wanted to try something else for dinner that night, we would have gotten takeout to bring back to the hotel.

 With your meal, you get a basket of amazing bread to eat while you wait. We went one step further and ordered one of my favorite things in the entire world for an appetizer, the potato pancake. Made with mashed instead of shredded, this pancake was moist and fell apart in your  mouth. And of course, we had to order it with the typical (and in my opinion, only way to eat it) sour cream and applesauce.



There were so many kinds of pierogis that I had an unbelievably hard time choosing. So I decided, since you can mix and match, that I would pick my top six that I wanted to try. Lucky for you (and sorry for the picture overload on this post), I happened to take a picture of every one!

Above left picture: Pizza
Above right picture: Macaroni and cheese


Above top picture: Broccoli and cheddar
Above bottom picture: Onion, potato and cheddar

 Above left picture: Chili
Above right picture: Mashed sweet potato, with toasted marshmallow


And what's that.......you have dessert pierogies? Yum!! We decided to go with the Apple Rum Raisin and the Peanut Butter Cup. They were both amazing with a great crunch on the outside and a soft, packed with flavor inside.

 Above pictures: Peanut Butter Cup


Above pictures: Apple Rum Raisin

If you are in the area, or stopped to check out some spooky Lizzie Borden ghost stories, then you should make it a point to stop here and eat some delicious food! A link to their main website, that also has the video from Diners Drive-ins and Dives, is listed below. There is also a link to their Facebook page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment