Friday, March 20, 2015

Venice Pub and Pizzeria


I have been very hesitant to eat here again. Before the ownership and name switched over to something new, I wasn't a huge fan of The Venice Supper Club. At one point in time I'm sure it was amazing. You could tell that there used to be a dance floor and half of the inside looked original to when it started. But other than the pizza, which was amazing, there was never really any flavor to the food. Ishpeming has so many Italian restaurants that you really have to have something to make yourself stand out to get people coming back for more. I never had that connection.

Now that it has been a few years since things have changed, we decided to give it a try again. I found the menu on their Facebook Page and we called in and ordered pickup. I didn't get to see how the inside has changed, other than from other people's photos posted on TripAdvisor and Urbanspoon, but the food has definitely changed for the better.


For an appetizer we ordered the Chili Cheese Fries. Oh my goodness.... they were perfect since I was craving something cheesy. The chili wasn't spicy and was loaded with meat and beans. The picture doesn't even do justice to how much cheese was actually melted on top of these. A great way to start off dinner.


For my main meal I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo. I was very skeptical at first before opening the lid because I was expecting to see what you get at most places, which is noddles literally DROWNING in white sauce. This is exactly how it looked when I took the lid off. The Alfredo sauce was so light and buttery that it was just enough to coat the noodles. It was almost more of a butter cheese sauce than a normal Alfredo made with cream or milk that ends up being really heavy.

I have heard many mixed reviews from people about the new menu here and I will have to say, making my own opinion obviously, that they have changed for the better. I will definitely be getting food from here again, and next time I will have to physically go and eat dinner there now that I know that the food is worth going!

A link to their Facebook page is below (I couldn't find, and maybe they don't have a main website yet).

Venice Pub and Pizzeria

No comments:

Post a Comment