Monday, July 21, 2014

Mama Russo's, the convenience of Italian food at home






I believe before, that I had mentioned that I lived in a U.P. town full of Italian restaurants (which is not at all a terrible thing, since I do love Italian food). In every local grocery store, and even some gas stations, they have Mama Russo's in the frozen department. In fact, the gas station closest to my house in Ishpeming, is attached to the building where everything is made.

Now, they do cater weddings and events and have a huge catering menu on their website. When my sister got married a few years ago, for the rehearsal dinner they catered from Mama Russo's and everything tasted amazing. If you do get a chance to host or attend an event where they are catering, you NEED to try the famous Italian Baked Chicken.  I personally love the convenience of their frozen products. They may be frozen, but once you cook them it tastes and smells like it was just whipped up in your own kitchen. The lasagna, pictured below, will put Stouffer's lasagna to shame.



If you live in the area, you should definitely pick up a pan from your local grocery store.  They also usually have Gnocchi, Rotini, Spaghetti, Mostaccioli, and of course, meatballs. You can also buy Cudighi, Italian sausage and their spaghetti sauce right off of their website on the link below.


Mama Russo's

No comments:

Post a Comment