Thursday, October 2, 2014

Anthony's Seafood

Now....before I get into this next review. Can I tell you how EXCITED that I was to finally eat at a restaurant featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives (almost as excited as when some of my family and I met Robert Irvine in the airport this past April....)!! Our second foodie stop on our Rhode Island trip was to the famous restaurant, Anthony's Seafood.

The restaurant doesn't look a whole lot like it did on the show right now. The front of the building must be being redone because there is plastic everywhere on the outside. They have a cute car filled with corn (pictured below), and a bucket to leave your corn husks for deer feed. You also walk through an outdoor seating area before the entrance.


For an appetizer, we ordered the crab cakes. I didn't know if I was going to like them, considering I am not a huge seafood person to begin with, but crab I can usually handle. The crab wasn't overpowering, but was definitely fresh, and the flavor was amazing. They were served with a side of Chipotle tartar sauce, which I loved because I could taste a lot of the pickle, and I LOVE pickles. Another great point to make is that they were baked, not fried, so they were crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and not greasy at all.


Now, the only thing I think my husband and I regret getting, was the lobster for two. It wasn't that it was BAD. You could tell the lobster was fresh, and even came with a cute instruction page, which is a good thing because we had NO idea what we were getting ourselves into. We have only ever had lobster tail that already came with the shell cut and the meat exposed. I think if we had to do it over again, we would have chosen something a little different off of the menu that was easier to eat and slightly more familiar to us.


If you are in Middletown, you MUST stop here. Not only for bragging rights, but for some of the most fresh seafood that you will find in the area. They also offer takeout, and have a deli counter filled with fresh seafood and other goodies. A link to their main website, and their Facebook page (that has the video from Diners Drive-ins and Dives) are listed below. If you don't stop here, you are missing out!

Anthony's Seafood Main Site

Anthony's Seafood, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment