Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Crossroads Restaurant and Lounge


About 7 years ago when I worked at my dad's gravel pit near the crossroads in Marquette, I had gotten a taco salad and a few other things from this restaurant. I never really think about it because I live and work in Ishpeming right now. When my nephew was up this past weekend, my husband was working at the gravel pit and after visiting him, we decided to give it a try.

The decor was very rustic and lodge feeling. It was clean, and since we went for lunch, only the bar side of the restaurant was open. The food ended up being awesome, and they have a wide range of things on the menu.


For an appetizer, we got the soft pretzel sticks with nacho cheese sauce. YUM. I love soft pretzels and these were SO much easier to dip with. I have never seen anywhere serve them like this in the stick version. It was definitely a good choice to start the meal off.



I'm sure, judging by the first picture of my nephew above, that you can see why he loved eating here. They had the good kind of root beer, and he said if you covered up the label just right, it looked like he was drinking real beer. This kid is too funny.


He ordered the chicken strips, that comes with a huge portion of fries. The amount was perfect, even though he only ate about half of it. We took the rest home for a snack later. (They didn't come with toothpicks as shown in the picture above......he took them from our sandwiches, little stinker!)


My husband ordered the Classic Reuben, which is sliced corn beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing, all packed into two slices of marbled rye bread. He said it was delicious (and since he loves corned beef and sauerkraut, there were very few ways they could have gone wrong on this one for him).


I ordered the Sands Cuban sandwich (the restaurant is technically in "Sands" township). Served in a grilled roll, it is piled high with a fried chicken breast, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, banana peppers, and Dijon mustard. It was so filling that I could only eat half of it and had to take the other half home. I replaced the normal fries with waffle fries, and it was perfect. I don't normally order banana peppers on anything, ever as a matter of fact, and it was amazing.

A link to their Facebook page is below:

Crossroads Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment