Friday, August 15, 2014

Moose Drop Inn....I can't help myself....

I am well aware you have seen this one before already.....and not too long ago. I absolutely LOVE this restaurant! I had to run out to camp and grab my slow cooker for an event that I am helping cater, and this was of course our choice for dinner. You've seen the pizzas before (Moose Drop Inn Pizza) but I had yet to post some of my other favorites, and I wanted to give you an inside look of the restaurant.


The inside is adorable, and filled with moose everywhere. The counter has a glass case with Michigamme themed items for sale, they have candy jars filled with all of the great candies of the past, and all items are reasonably priced. Also (not shown), if I were to have turned around with my phone camera, they have shelves filled with toys, games, and more Michigamme keepsakes.

Now for the food, which is obviously the best part of this place if we keep coming back for more..

This is normally what my husband and I order every time we come here. This time he was the only one to order it, since I wanted to try something new. It is a Chicken Pesto Sub, with home made basil pesto, tomato, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, and smoked Gouda cheese. It is one of the best clean and refreshing subs I have ever had (which is why I am a repeat offender). It comes with a side of pasta salad, chips or fruit.

I opted for the BLT salad. Don't let this picture fool you, the salad was as big as my head! It is pretty self explanatory being that it has bacon, lettuce, and tomato like a BLT, and then croutons, cucumber, and shredded cheese. But it was gorgeous, and the bacon was crispy.

We don't normally get dessert here since we are usually really full from dinner, but we managed to squeeze in a piece of cheesecake (I should just start with dessert first next time!). It was chocolate caramel cheesecake with sea salt. And it tasted as amazing as it looked.

If I haven't stressed this enough, you need to eat here. Everything is fresh, and home made. Right down to the delicious sauces and desserts. And if you live in Ishpeming (and depending on if you drive the speed limit or go...a little faster than suggested), it is only a 15-20 minute drive, which is still closer than driving all the way into Marquette.

I know I've posted the menu and Facebook link on the pizza post, but here they are again:

Menu

Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment