Friday, August 1, 2014

Perkins. Yay for breakfast all day!

All I can say is......thank GOODNESS for restaurants that serve breakfast all day. Breakfast has to be my favorite type of meal ever, and I literally could eat it in the morning, noon and night. Usually the Perkins in Marquette, MI is a slam dunk as far as service and food. Tonight they seemed to be lacking, or maybe the cook just had a bad night?

Our server was very friendly, well, at our table especially. I had to giggle on the inside because every time she left a table and walked towards the kitchen, I had a good chuckle watching the smile on her face go from happy to downright pissed off about something. But she was very friendly and attentive to everyone when she was in the dining room. The restaurant itself was very clean as usual, and I love the decor because it almost feels like a lodge/cabin setting (our view from the booth pictured below).


My husband and I normally get an appetizer to split, but it seems that after they re-vamped the menu again, that they cut down to the bare minimum on appetizers. I of course went straight to the breakfast menu (I have only once ordered something that wasn't off of the breakfast menu when we have come here). My husband ordered the "grilled" salmon (even though we are not quite sure if it was grilled or broiled or just cooked in a pan...).


The presentation was very clean, and he said the flavors were good. I don't like fish, so I am sorry to say that I can't personally tell you if it was good or not. I ordered a breakfast platter with a smoked apple chicken sausage. The sausage wasn't my cup of tea (my dog got the leftovers and loved it), but it wasn't bad. My eggs unfortunately tasted like fish (I am thinking they may have accidentally used the same spatula), but for sunny side up eggs they were cooked perfect. The presentation of mine was well......let's say it wasn't as appealing as you would hope.


My absolute favorite thing off of the menu, which was the only thing that actually was almost perfect tonight, is the potato pancakes. I decided instead of normal pancakes, I would see if I could substitute, and it was WELL worth it. If I wasn't on Weight Watchers, and didn't care about gaining 500 lbs., I would sit and eat these all day long. They are smooth in texture, and have that very thin layer of crunch on the outside. And I never want to catch anyone eating these with ketchup! They are best served with applesauce and sour cream. The combination may sound odd, but it is amazing.


And apart from always sharing my bacon if I order any, my husband and I usually get a dessert to split. They have a new lemon dessert menu which included a lemon cake pie. I don't think it was at all from scratch (and if it was, I am sorry but I swear that the lemon gel like substance on top was canned lemon pie filling), but it was a very good tasting piece of cake. I am usually a sucker for anything lemon flavored. 


 This was overall a good dinner. Out of the last 10 times we have gone to Perkins, this was the worst food we have had, and I wouldn't even call the food tonight "bad" by any means. This may be a chain restaurant, but the atmosphere is always cozy and the staff always friendly. Below is a link to their website and also has the menu.

Perkins, Marquette, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment