Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ohhh Dogpatch.....

Well, I am surprised I am wasting my time writing this review. I have given the Dogpatch in Munising a few tries since my husband and I had started dating almost 7 years ago. We hadn't been back there in about 3 years, and decided to give it a go again. That was the first mistake.

We went with my husbands brother, his wife and our nephew. My nephew chose off of the kid menu and got the peanut butter and jelly, which I believe was a store bought "Uncrustables" sandwich that they thawed. The waitress was really nice when he asked for them to grill it, and she said that they could. We told him to be careful before eating it, thinking the peanut butter and jelly would be hot on the inside and didn't want it to burn him. He bit into it and said "no it's not hot, it's cold". He was happy with it, which I guess is all that matters.

I ordered a Mediterranean salad which had pretty straight forward ingredients. They had a seafood buffet so the other three adults chose that. I figured that since everyone else got the buffet and could serve themselves, a salad would be a good choice because it wouldn't take long to get to the table. That was my second mistake.


The other three had already had a salad from the salad bar, and the men killed at least two plates of food before my salad even came out. I was pretty much eating by myself towards the end, and felt awkward while everyone was ready to leave. I picked the chicken off of my salad (which was about the size of three salads, and I had to pour part of it on the plate that came underneath just so I could eat it and cut the lettuce and tomatoes up to fit in my mouth). The chicken had to have been frozen, or still pink in the middle. With the low lighting in the place I really couldn't tell you. The color was off, and cooked chicken isn't supposed to be soggy in texture.

Thank goodness that my husband was nice enough to get me some cottage cheese from the buffet while I waited. Since I don't like fish, I asked how their seafood buffet was and got answers that really weren't surprising. The fried fish was okay, the baked fish was disgusting, and the only good thing at the buffet was the potatoes. We ordered mozzarella sticks for an appetizer, and even those were overcooked.

It really isn't even worth going. There are a handful of places in Munising that I would rather eat at than to go back to the Dogpatch. Maybe in a few years we will try it again...and hopefully have better results. If you want to read more information about the restaurant, there is a link below.

Dogpatch Website

No comments:

Post a Comment