Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mama Mia's Italian Restaurant


When we moved to Ishpeming from Negaunee, I didn't even know this place existed! The restaurant looks tiny from the street, but when you walk in it goes back for what seems like a mile. I have eaten here about 3 or 4 times in the actual restaurant, but most of the time we just get takeout to eat at home (which is why if all of the pictures of the food look like they were taken in my kitchen on my counter...they were). 

My husband claims that this is one of the best Minestrone soups he has ever had. It definitely isn't bad, I'm just not a huge soup person.


For an appetizer, we usually get the Spinach and Artichoke dip. It is rich, creamy, packed with spinach, and topped with grated Parmesan. It is amazing! Instead of serving it with the grease-dipped huge pieces of garlic bread that they give you as a side with your meal (which most love, I am not a big fan of) they give you small bite size pieces of garlic bread. The bread doesn't seem as greasy, but still tastes the same as the bigger slices. 


This is my husbands number one choice. It is the baked Cod Parmesan. He usually gets it with a side of rice pilaf. Remember me, the one who hates fish? Yeah well.....I could eat a whole piece of this thing. The center melts in your mouth, and the outside has a great crunchy exterior from the Parmesan and bread coating. And of course, it is served with a side of lemons. It may sound like a strange combination, since they say not to pair fish with cheese products, but you need to try it. 


This has become my favorite so far. The Stuffed Rigatoni with Chicken is cheese filled pasta, served with perfectly cooked strips of chicken, and smothered in Alfredo sauce. Not too great for the waistline, but delicious on the taste buds. (Sorry the picture isn't great....it's hard to make it look pretty on the plate when you dump it out of a to-go container!)

If you have a hankering for good Italian food, in more of a formal setting (or take-out) this is the place in Ishpeming to stop. It is one of two of my favorite Italian restaurants here. I was also told that they have great pizza.....but that will be for another blog post :-) . A link to the menu, and their Facebook page is below:




No comments:

Post a Comment