Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Country Grill Pub and Eatery


Well.....my husband and I give this restaurant a shot about once or twice a year. We usually eat here because it is conveniently located and usually means we are headed to see a movie at the theater that is practically a block away. Whoever took over recently has done one thing right. The decorations actually make sense now and don't clutter the whole dining room. Before, they used to have board games and movie posters plastered all over the walls. Now, they have old kitchen utensils and country style decorations. They make a LOT more sense now.

Another thing that the Country Grill does right, is serve breakfast all day. I don't know why more restaurants don't do that. My husband ordered the taco soup, that wasn't bad. It just tasted more like runny chili with tomatoes added. He also ordered the Chicken Cilantro Flatbread sandwich. It had a nice crunch on the flatbread that was grilled, but they were out of the cilantro sauce so it was more of a chicken sandwich on flatbread.


I ordered the Hawaiian Omelet, 3 eggs with ham, pineapple and Colby-jack cheese. It was huge, served with a giant side of hash browns. The hash browns were very good. I think I might have ended up with the Cajun seasoned hash browns though because they were pretty spicy. The omelet wasn't bad at all, filled with gooey cheese and huge chunks of canned pineapple (I personally would have cut the pieces smaller).

I guess it is one of those hit or miss kind of places. The prices are good considering our total bill was around 23 dollars (he got water, and I got coffee). I am sure we will venture there again sometime in the next year. It really isn't terrible food, it just isn't anything to write home about either. The link to the menu and their Facebook page is below:

Country Grill, Facebook Page

Country Grill Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment