Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mmm Mmm BBQ! at Mancino's Pit Stop


This is one of my favorite places to eat while down in Oscoda, MI. It is what you would call an unexpected flavor in a unique location. This restaurant is located in part of a gas station, and has probably one of the best smelling parking lots that I know of, because a large smoker resides in it. I have been here a few times in the past now, and even through owner changes, the food still tastes amazing. The service was...special to say the least, but she was a very friendly waitress. Not the brightest, or had that great of a memory, but was friendly.


I have had subs here in the past and wanted to try something different, so I opted for a salad. If you are choosing this salad thinking you are staying on the lighter side of a meal, you would be wrong. And I do not mean that in a bad way. It is piled high with smoked turkey, apple wood smoked bacon, smoked ham, cheese, tomato, croutons, and I added honey mustard dressing. The fact that there was lettuce in there somewhere made me feel better about eating three kinds of meat on top. I was only able to finish half of this and took the rest back to camp with me. 

If you are in the area and are craving some delicious smoked meat, or you happen to need to fill your car with gas and are hungry, this is the place for you. Great subs, great salads, and great BBQ!

A link to their Facebook page and main website are below:





No comments:

Post a Comment