Monday, August 11, 2014

Sydney's Restaurant


Most reviews read on this restaurant start off with something along the lines of "there being limited choices in this town..". Well, I guess you could say that, even though off of the top of my head I can think of about 10 places or more to eat here. Maybe for people from out of town who don't know the area well, it may seem like there are only a few choices. Regardless of that issue though, Sydney's is not a bad place to stop and get a good meal.

Since it was a late lunch and we were all pretty hungry, we decided to get an appetizer. We ordered the beer battered white cheddar curds. I am a cheese curd fanatic, and usually disappointed with most places because they have that thick breading on the outside and you can't even taste the cheese. These were crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. The perfect cheese curd. 


My husband insisted that I try his Oriental Chicken Salad. He knows I am not a huge fan of cold chicken that has been previously cooked (especially when it looks like it has been boiled). I can always taste the difference. It's like leftover thanksgiving turkey to me. I can eat it when it is first cooked, but a day later or when it is cold? Heck no.... It wasn't a bad salad, but I personally would not order it. 


I'm the type of person that when I find something that I really like on a menu, and have had a few other things that are just so-so, I tend to stick with the same thing every time. Since this is my first blog post here about Sydney's, I decided to do just that and order my usual, which is the "Veggie Stack" sandwich. It is filled with cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, (I omit the fresh mushroom and red onion), Pepper Jack cheese, slathered in tzatziki sauce (spelled wrong on the menu....I think they got excited with the "i"s) and all shoved into a multi-grain roll. 



I never eat the fries (personal preference, I think they are too greasy and I am not a huge fan of fries in general), but everyone else loves them and has no problem taking them off of my hands. This is, so far, my favorite thing on their menu.

So if you are visiting the area or driving through town, it is the most convenient located family style restaurant with good food and a fun atmosphere. There is even a bar if you need to let loose. The staff for the most part is friendly and I have never had to wait long for the food to be delivered. I have heard they have a pretty good fish fry Friday, but I don't eat fish so I can't vouch for that....

If you would like to see the menu, there is a link below for the main website and their Facebook page:

Sydney's Restaurant Website

Sydney's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment