Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Temaki and Tea


I have to admit, it has taken me a while to eat here. Even when I was going to Northern Michigan University (who runs the restaurant), I never ate here because I always had it in my head that all they had was sushi, which at the time I hadn't tried, nor do I really like fish. It is one of my mom's favorite restaurants in Marquette though, so my husband and I decided to try it out one night that she ordered it. We still haven't been inside the actual restaurant but we ordered takeout.


To try out a non- fish sushi, we ordered the Crunchy Shrimp Sushi. The shrimp is battered in tempura, with cucumber, avocado, green onion, and rolled in tempura crunchies and drizzled with teriyaki glaze. It really wasn't bad. I think I am just not a fan of seafood, but all of the other flavors went really well together. I am a huge shrimp fan and it was delicious with that tempura around it. I think had it not had the teriyaki glaze, I wouldn't have gone back for a second piece. And I love ginger, so of course I had a big piece of sushi ginger on my slice.


I ordered the Shanghai Peanut. It has fresh veggies, udon noodles, peanut sauce and choice of meat, which I chose chicken. Their noodle bowls are delicious. Anything usually has me if it is in a peanut or peanut butter sauce. There was also crushed peanuts and sliced green onion on top for a nice crunch.

Now that I have it out of my head that there is more than just sushi I will definitely order from here more often. Everything was visually simple and tasted very fresh. Definitely a good replacement for the Hardees that used to be in the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment