Thursday, March 2, 2017

Shilo Restaurant


While visiting my sister-in-law down in Texas this past month, we stayed at the Shilo Inn Suites which is an absolutely amazing hotel. The pool was huge, they had an indoor AND outdoor hot tub (which for us Michiganders was amazing when it cooled down at night). It was a great place to stay. Not only that, but the number one rated restaurant in Killeen is the Shilo Restaurant in the hotel itself.


We ordered from here twice, the first time being room service, and racked up around $100 of food to share for 6 people. It was all amazing, but we were so hungry that I could have eaten shoe leather at that point. Finally, we had a chance to sit down in the restaurant.


For an appetizer, we ordered the fried pickles, which are my favorite just about everywhere I go for a starter. The breading, which looks thick, was very fluffy and instead of serving it with ranch dressing like everywhere else I've had them, they were served with a garlic aioli. I wish I could have bottled that aioli up and taken it home with me to mass produce it. It was delicious.


For dinner, I ordered the Top Sirloin and Shrimp Scampi. You had the choice of two different side dishes and I ordered the mac and cheese, and the mashed potatoes. The mac and cheese was the best homemade mac I've had. It was creamy, and whatever bechamel sauce they used was to die for. The mashed potatoes were soft and fluffy with the right amount of seasoning and i'm assuming cream. The shrimp was garlicky and full of flavor and fresh herbs and went great with a bite of steak.


My steak came out amazing. Oh my goodness. Not only was it still very juicy, but I ordered it medium and it came out perfectly. The butter herb sauce on top kept it moist and flavorful (because melted butter always makes things taste so much better....) and every bite I had was as good as the last.

This meal, overall, was amazing. The food was all cooked perfectly. We had crabby children at the table with us and our waiter was so kind and helpful. The food itself looked as pretty as all of the pictures they took professionally on their website. It was literally a picture perfect meal.

Shilo Restaurant, Main Website

No comments:

Post a Comment