Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rudy's "Country Store" Bar-B-Q

 

Please do not let the appearance of this restaurant from the outside fool you. GO INSIDE. It has a great Southern homey feeling with large community tables and picnic tables. Where we sat by the picnic tables, the windows on the wall are literally garage doors. It is filled with old metal signs and has TV's with different sports games on. If you subtracted the TV's it almost feels like you are eating at a BBQ in someone's backyard.


The menu is pretty straight forward. You walk through a line, pick up what beverage you want if it isn't from a fountain machine, any sides or desserts that are in the refrigerator part, and then order at the register. I ordered the half chicken with corn on the cob as a side. I was out of it while ordering, usually I'm not a huge fan of chicken on the bone because I am a stickler for chicken fat. My sister-in-law went back up to the window and ordered brisket for us to share and it was fantastic. They offer you bread, which you take, along with pickles and onions. They have homemade BBQ sauces on each table so I made myself a brisket sandwich. The smoke ring around this sliced meet was fantastic. I forgot to take a picture of the brisket but it was very juicy and packed with smokey flavor.

If I came back here I would try one of the sandwiches, like the pulled pork. Then it comes hassle free already in the bread for you.... Definitely worth the stop.

Rudy's BBQ, Killeen Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment