Thursday, March 2, 2017

Taquerias Mexico


While down in Texas, I asked my sister-in-law to take me to one of her favorite Mexican restaurants. We stopped here after a long day driving to Dallas and back and I am so glad we did! It really hit the spot.


For an appetizer, we ordered the cheese sauce. This is one of my favorite things that I always order. I just can't help that ooey gooeyness of it all. The sauce was absolutely delicious when mixed in with the spicy salsa.


For dinner I ordered the chicken chimichanga. It came with a side of rice, refried beans, guacamole and sour cream. The shredded chicken mixture inside the chimichanga was delicious. The right amount of seasoning and the meat was really tender. The shell wasn't soggy after being fried, and everything was smothered in cheese sauce, which I also loved.


For dessert, I ordered one of my favorites, the sopapillas. Crunchy, drizzled with honey and chocolate sauce, and served with a side of whipped cream. Amazing, even though I barely had any room!


Although I didn't order the fried ice cream, there were three of these shared at the table. They probably all could have shared one! The phrase "as big as my head" is almost not even an exaggeration.

This restaurant was definitely a great place to have stopped. The food was amazing and the staff was really nice. The only downfall was that there was a woman sitting at a table close to us, purposely on her phone the entire time trying to find people to call, and literally screaming instead of talking, and also singing to herself. Other than the annoying lady, it was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment