Friday, March 20, 2015

Das Steinhaus


Finally, after I don't know how many months of wanting to eat at Das Steinhaus in Marquette, I had the opportunity! I hadn't been in that building since it was the old New York Deli (actually, for me about 10 years or more). It has never been necessarily a "large" space, in fact, it's pretty small, but they made great use of the space that is there.



For an appetizer, we ordered the Charcuterie Plate. The plate comes with two in house mustard's, one being more of a hot Dijon style with a horseradish type of a kick, the other being sweet and more like a stone ground mustard with mustard seeds. There were four types of meat, which included duck peppercorn salami, spec, truffle salami, and uncured. My favorite was the truffle salami (I love things with a hint of truffle). It also is served with cornichons and fresh bread.


For dinner I ordered the Jager Schnitzel. The spatzel underneath is topped with a breaded pork cutlet, smothered with a mushroom rahmsauce, and I added an egg for $1 extra. Add the egg, it is worth it! It also comes with a side of red cabbage. If you can get a little bit of everything on the fork together, it is amazing. My only negative comment would be that I wanted more of the sauce! It was on the dry side.


I only ate half of my dinner to make sure that I had room for dessert. All of them sounded amazing. Everyone else ordered the creme brulee cheesecake, but I am a choco-holic through and through. I ordered the chocolate port flourless cake. It is so rich that I couldn't finish it all! And sadly, it didn't taste like anything but chocolate, but it was still really good.

The menu changes as the local ingredients do and are printed out on a daily basis. They use fresh ingredients and all of the recipes are homemade. I would love to come here to eat again and get the "Four Course Tasting Menu" to be on the more adventurous side (and there are no substitutions). If the pictures themselves aren't enough to get your mouth watering, take it from almost everybody that has written a review on Das Steinhaus. It is absolutely delicious!

A link to their Facebook page and main website is below.

Steinhaus, Facebook Page
Steinhaus, main website

No comments:

Post a Comment