Monday, March 16, 2015

Teriyaki Bowl






I cannot tell you how many times I have seen this while driving through Marquette, and always wondered how it was. It looks like a little fast food style restaurant from the outside so I had never bothered to eat there. My husband and I had to run to a few stores in town and decided to give it a try. I am glad we did!


The inside of the restaurant, although small, is very clean and organized. The decor can be described as modern/rustic/oriental. There are wood accents everywhere, with oriental pieces thrown in, and fun chalkboard walls in the back. We decided to sit towards the back so I could get a good picture of the "Specials" board.


One of the drinks we ordered was the Thai Ice Tea. It was amazing! And I am NOT usually a tea person.


For an appetizer we ordered the pot stickers, pan fried (you can also get them steamed). They had a good crunch on the outside but the pork on the inside was still a nice soft texture and not overcooked. The dipping sauce that they give you is amazing. If I had to make a good guess what was in it, I would guess soy sauce, ginger, and maybe lemongrass? Great start to the meal.


My husband ordered the Chicken Teriyaki Bowl over rice, and said it was good. For my main meal I chose the "General Chicken Sesame" from the specials board. I did technically order it over noodles, not rice, but when it got delivered it was a "what the heck" decision to just eat it anyway. I ordered a "1" on the spice level and for me I'm glad I did because when the sriracha first hit my lips it was an instant heat wave. As I kept eating and throwing in the green onion, lettuce and cilantro, the heat started to mellow. I also added a touch of soy sauce, which they supply at the table, so that the rice was flavored with something.

I will definitely be going back here. I am not a huge fan of the random Chinese and oriental restaurants in the area, because they always taste over greasy and packed with frozen ingredients. Everything from the Teriyaki Bowl tasted fresh, and other than the sauces you can literally see every fresh ingredient used to make your dish. If you haven't tried them out yet and you like the type of cuisine, you must! It also looks like they are trying to start an "order online" option as well as online reservations.

A link to their main website and Facebook page are below:

Teriyaki Bowl, Main Site
Teriyaki Bowl, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment