Monday, March 2, 2015

Carla's Cozy Inn


This past weekend I was staying out at my camp in Michigamme, MI. One of my favorite restaurants always closes for the Winter, and the only other option in Michigamme to eat at is Mt. Shasta, which lately we haven't even considered an option (nor did it look open regardless). Rather than driving back into Ishpeming, we decided to go in the other direction and try out a little place that my husband and mom both had remembered served food. I had heard about it once or twice but I had never been there before. About seven minutes towards Baraga from Michigamme, is Carla's Cozy Inn in Nestoria, Michigan.

The outside looks like an old bar that you can tell has a lot of history behind it. When we walked inside it was small, but in a cozy way. There was a fire going in a wood stove in the back corner, practically everything was made out of wood and had a cozy cabin feeling. They even have a pool table (which I happen to love pool). The menu is small, with an appetizer section, a "basket" section which includes chicken and seafood (including fresh fish), and a large section of "from the grill". The item that caught my eye was the Mushroom Swiss Burger.


LOOK at that burger! A patty of beef with melted Swiss and loaded with mushrooms served on a toasted bun. I am very picky when it comes to beef burgers. I like mine medium, with barely any pink in the middle. Normally they get set in front of me and someone cooked all the life out of it and it is as dry as can be. Let me show you a better picture of this burger on the inside....


Even in the picture you can see how juicy this burger is and how much it is glistening! (And no, that is not because of grease....trust me.) This was the first burger made with beef that I have had in over 6 months at LEAST, and it was absolutely amazing. Now that we know how close it is when we are in Michigamme, we will definitely be going back for more, and I can't wait to try another juicy burger!

A link to their Facebook page is below, that also has pictures of their menu:

Carla's Cozy Inn, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment