Monday, September 15, 2014

Derocha's 41 Steakhouse and Sports Bar


Last week I ate at one of my husband and I's go-to restaurants, Derocha's Restaurant & Sports Bar, or as most people call it 41 Steakhouse. Located on US 41 in technically Champion, MI, this restaurant has pretty decent food (and is about 3 minutes away from our house). The menu is decently priced, and they always have good specials, especially on the weekend. I'm not a big seafood fan, but they have a really good land and sea buffet on Friday's.


For an "appetizer", I ordered the French onion soup. It was delicious. A little bit on the salty side, but the bread and onions cut into that a bit. You have the choice of with or without the bread and cheese, but who are we kidding, French onion soup wouldn't be the same without both of those items on top.


For my main course, I ordered the blackened chicken salad. When I think of blackened chicken, I think of charred chicken. I'm not sure how they came up with the name for the salad, but it was pretty tasty. More of a Cajun style salad. If I could change one thing, other than it's name, would be that there was a whole lot of fennel seeds in the spice rub for the chicken. Some people may like it, but I hate biting into a crunchy fennel seed and then being able to taste nothing except a hint of licorice. The portions are huge, and unless it's all you ordered I don't think anyone could finish it, but I would rather have huge portions and take the leftovers home, than leave anywhere hungry.

The staff is always friendly, and everything is clean. The sports decor around the restaurant is fun to look at, most of it all being old antique sports memorabilia. You can also eat at the bar side and enjoy a good meal while watching the game on TV with a cold beer. Definitely a place worth visiting.

A link to the Facebook page is below:

Derocha's 41 Steakhouse, Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment