Thursday, February 16, 2017

Texas Roadhouse, in Texas, like it SHOULD be experienced!

I am well aware that Texas Roadhouse restaurants are scattered everywhere. In fact we are going on a trip to lower Michigan soon and there is one in the town we are headed to. However, why not experience your first time here in an actual Texas location? We did just that, in Austin, Texas.


For an appetizer, we ordered the cheese fries. Now, I was a little bit disappointed, but only because I am a major fan of the runny liquid cheese. The amount of cheese on these potatoes was definitely impressive. And who doesn't love bacon?


For dinner, I ordered the special that they were having which was steak and shrimp. I always order my steak in a restaurant to medium, or medium well depending on how many times I've eaten there and know their cooking, but I just want a tiny amount of pink in the middle. My steak was cooked perfectly, along with the shrimp. I didn't even bother with the toast that it came with because I hate when they toast it on the flat top with the grease and butter. I would have preferred naked toast.

I didn't get a picture of my favorite thing, even above my perfectly cooked steak. It is all about the rolls and honey butter people. Had I known they were that amazing, I would have ordered my meal to go and just sat and ate 3 baskets of those. The honey butter is to die for!

My first experience at a Texas Roadhouse was amazing. Since it was in a Texas location, there were cowboy boots and southern accents, it was perfect. Definitely try a steak if you have the opportunity to eat here, and don't forget the honey butter and rolls!

Texas Roadhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment