Monday, February 6, 2017

Earl Campbell's in the Austin Airport


My husband and I have recently been lucky enough to visit his sister down in Texas twice in the last two months. Some of the best bites of food that we had on our trips were consumed before we even left the airport. So good in fact, that we ate at the same place both times that we needed to stop somewhere for lunch.


While waiting for our food and absolutely starving, we ordered the chips and queso with added pulled pork. The cheese was good, pretty salty, but the added pork helped on adding another flavor profile to the cheese.


The first time we stopped here, I ordered the BBQ street tacos. These two tortillas were stuffed with pulled pork, a housemade slaw, red onion marmalade, and a bourbon BBQ sauce. These are the best BBQ street tacos, hands down, that I have EVER had.


This past weekend when we stopped here again, the waitress had misheard me and instead of a chicken sandwich, I ended up getting the Cowboy Philly. In this case, I can't complain about the mix-up because I probably would never have tried it otherwise. The poppy seed bun was stuffed with chopped up brisket, which was a refreshing take on the shaved beef version of a Philly. The brisket was smothered in jalapeno and red onion rajas, and a decent slather of the delicious queso cheese sauce. The scoop of potato salad was also very tasty, as it was more of the mustard vinegar base rather than loaded with mayonnaise.

If you get the opportunity to stop here while in the Austin airport, you should definitely take the advantage. Nothing we have ordered has been what you could remotely consider bad. Next time we find ourselves down there again, I will probably be ordering the street tacos! I'm not joking, they are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment