Monday, October 19, 2015

Romano's Macaroni Grill


While downstate in Ann Arbor for my appointment, well, after the appointment was done and over and we could breathe again, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner. We didn't however feel like driving and weaving through downtown Ann Arbor so we ended up going to Romano's which was right down the street from our hotel.


It is the first time I have been to a Romano's and I wish we had one closer to us in the UP somewhere. The decor was beautiful, using stone and Italian accents, and one of my favorite aspects was that you could see through to part of the kitchen. The lighting was dimmed, which made it feel more romantic and upscale.


With our dinner came a side salad. I chose the Caesar salad and had her crack some fresh pepper on top. . The meal also came with a fresh roll of ciabatta with olive oil to dip in. We both tried a small piece and it was amazing.


My husband ordered the Calabrese steak, which came with Calabrian potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Everything was cooked in a rosemary infused olive oil. The steak was cooked perfectly!


For my main dish, I ordered the "Chicken Under a Brick". The chicken is rubbed in sage and roasted. Mine also came with seasonal vegetables (which happened to be broccolini), and a side of garlic rosemary potatoes. The chicken was moist and had great flavor. The grilled lemon was a great touch and made the chicken even more juicy. I usually don't order chicken that still has the bone in it because I feel like I am doing a lot of work for not a whole lot of meat, but it sounded and was scrumptious.


For dessert, we ordered the Tiramisu to split, which is one of my favorite desserts to order at a restaurant. I also ordered a Cafe Mocha topped with foam. Both were a great way to end a delicious meal. That was some of the best Tiramisu that I have had so far. My drink was slightly on the bitter side, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, since it is made with espresso. (I still drank the entire thing).


The cool part that made me feel like a kid, was the fact that each table is lined with the paper covering. So our waitress, who was amazing (normally I don't remember their names, but she was so nice that I actually remember, thank you and shout out to Jasmine), came over and wrote her name in crayons.....and then LEFT the crayons. Maybe that is the big kid inside me still but I was excited and left them a shout out!

Macaroni Grill, Main Site
Macaroni Grill, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment