Thursday, October 15, 2015

Graham's Restaurant


A few weeks ago (yes, that is how far behind I am with all of my blog posts lately!), I had to travel downstate to Ann Arbor, MI for a doctors appointment. Before we left town, we decided not to do the continental breakfast, which was like every other continental breakfast I've had, in the fact that it is not special and filled with the same boring things. The hotel next door to us had a restaurant attached and served breakfast in the morning, so we stopped there before heading back to the U.P.


The decor was sort of kitschy, and was filled with bright colors, mixed with vintage looking lights and pictures, and a floral pattern on the seat coverings. It sounds absolutely atrocious, but the weird combination of all of the styles worked very well together and made it feel almost like a coffee joint.



With the most recent change that I've had to make to my diet, I have to cut down on the carbs by nixing the bread, pancakes, waffles (you know, all of the good stuff) and ended up going with an omelet. My omelet, as boring and normal as it may look, was quite good. The eggs were fluffy and fully cooked, the vegetables were fresh and added a great crunch, and the cheese was gooey and all melted on the inside. I didn't eat more than a few bites of the hash browns, but they were just how I liked them; crunchy on the top and soft on the inside.

Everything that I had read on TripAdvisor was either a hit or miss. Many people said that there was never anyone eating there, which I can agree with to a point since we were the only people eating in there, but food wise I don't know why more people weren't there. The breakfast was good, our waitress was overly nice and brought us fresh coffee when we were getting low. It was a great breakfast, and if we stay near here again next time we are down, we will definitely stop in. Maybe for dinner since I heard the meatloaf was delicious!

Graham's Restaurant, Main Site
Graham's Restaurant, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment