Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Stuckos Pub and Grill





Mike and Sonia Stucko opened up Stucko's Pub and Grill on July 5 (which also happens to be my Birthday) in 2006. Originally built as a Shell gas station, they wanted to keep the history of the restaurant in tact, as you can tell by the old picnic tables that they use as wall decor. In recent years, they have added a large cooler out back to hold the 11 beers that they serve on tap, along with an outdoor seating area and a facelift on the outside. The menu, which keeps evolving as does the restaurant itself, offers many different choices such as homemade BBQ, fish, Mexican, Wraps, Burgers, Wings and so much more. I had not been back to Stucko's since it was renovated, in fact it has been about 4 years since I had been there.


The best looking appetizer on the menu was the Spinach and Artichoke dip. The consistency was creamy and smooth, with a few large pieces of artichoke thrown in there. Instead of piling heaping portions of grated Parmesan on top, they added shaved Parmesan that melted slightly. The dip was amazing, as was the side salsa that came with it.


Our waitress (one of 3 that randomly came to the table, I'm not sure which one was our real waitress) told us about a special, and described the wrap as follows... "has homemade black bean hummus, grilled chicken, mixed grilled vegetables and cheese". Sounding amazing, my husband and I both ordered it. I almost had my mom convinced to order it, but here is why I am glad that she didn't; it was spicy. Not the "I can't even swallow this because my tongue is numb" spicy, but spicy nonetheless. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy or love the flavors, but it would have been nice to know it was going to have a huge kick to it, because I would have ordered another drink!

Having not been back for a few years, I am glad we decided to go there. The food was good, and we went early enough in the evening that the noise level was down and it wasn't overly crowded yet. This is a must stop if you are in the area or going out to the bar to watch a game. The portions are huge, and the drinks are never ending. Check out their website and Facebook page at the links below!

Stucko's Website

Stucko's, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment