Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Foggy's Steakhouse


Foggy's Steakhouse which is located right off of the highway in Christmas, Michigan, is a hoppin' place to be in the winter, especially during snowmobile season. I find myself eating at Foggy's at least once every few months. It is not for the atmosphere, or the quality of staff (which is always a hit or miss), it is for the food. With as many times in the last 7 1/2 years that I have been there, I have only once had a bad plate of food. From pizza, to steak, to seafood and even Mexican food, stopping to eat here is worth it.


For an appetizer we of course ordered the cheese curds (I don't know if you are starting to see a pattern in my blog posts, but they happen to be my favorite appetizer, ever). There isn't a whole lot to say about them, other than that they are beer battered and fried to a perfect golden brown.



Almost 90% of the time that we eat here, I get the Wet Burrito. I am a lover of almost all that is Ameri-Mexican, and this burrito hits the spot. The tortilla is packed with seasoned beef, slathered in gooey melted cheese, and topped with a heap of lettuce and tomato. This particular time I didn't get offered the sour cream, but it also comes with salsa. And almost as big as the burrito, is the side of chips that come with it. I would say it's too big to finish, but I usually manage just fine!

Foggy's has great potential. The food is amazing, but the ownership attentiveness and quality in service is very lacking. Family businesses almost always lead to having potential problems on differences in how to run the business (I also work in one), but between both brothers it is as opposite as night and day. One wants to see the business do well and spends time trying to make it better, while the other one likes to walk around looking busy and collect a paycheck (not to mention, almost caused 3 collisions with waitresses carrying a tray of food because he wasn't paying attention). I hope that they can get their "stuff" together, because the food is there, they just need the rest of the restaurant experience to start following in the same quality.

A link to their Facebook page and main website are below:

Foggy's, Facebook Page

Foggy's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment