Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Big Boy of Manistique


I know that this is a chain restaurant and I don't do very many reviews for those, but this was probably the best meal I have ever had at a Big Boy. I grew up in Marquette, MI that has a Big Boy, but I think I ate there maybe twice as far as I can remember. While in Manistique for a hockey tournament, we stopped there for "Brunch". Everyone else at the table got the breakfast buffet, but I can't stand buffet's so I ordered off of the breakfast menu.



I wanted to get something on the lighter side. I ordered the "Sunrise Slim Jim". The thin sesame roll was filled with lean ham, melted Swiss cheese, an over-hard egg, and a "special sauce". It was DELICIOUS. I ordered a side of hash browns, and I guess had I ordered a fruit cup it wouldn't have been terribly bad for you (I'm a sucker for potatoes). Considering I didn't get the breakfast buffet and multiple plates of food, it would be considered healthier....

While at any Big Boy location, if you are getting breakfast, this is something that won't disappoint. It fills you up without wishing you wouldn't have eaten so much, and one of the lighter choices for breakfast. Below is a link to their main Website ( I couldn't find a Facebook page for the one in Manistique).

Big Boy, Main Website

No comments:

Post a Comment