Monday, April 17, 2017

Ken's Cozy Cafe

 

While we were in town for a funeral in Shelby Township, Michigan (I know, not the best reason for a vacation or trip, only positive that comes out of funerals is seeing family you haven't seen in forever), we needed something delicious for breakfast before heading to visit family. I always do my planning before trips and have a list of higher rated restaurants in the area and Ken's Cozy Cafe was highly recommended by many. Talk about a tiny place, with an impressive speed for getting customers in, fed, and out in a timely manner.



We both ordered the 2x2, which is two eggs and two pancakes. My husband ordered two over-medium eggs with pecan pancakes, and I ordered two scrambled eggs with chocolate chip pancakes. Holy wah, the pancakes are huge! They literally take up the whole circumference of the plate! And of course we both ordered a side of bacon, because everyone loves bacon, or anyone that matters anyways! The pancakes were amazing. They were so soft, and had a slight cake flavor to them. I was able to finish one, and took the other one back to the hotel. And talk about inexpensive. The 2x2 is a whole whopping $6.75.

This little restaurant really impressed me. The staff was so busy that I was impressed with how tentative they were in refilling coffee and checking on customer satisfaction. I would suggest going at a slight off- time because they are really busy. We went around 10 AM and they were still packed. Ken's Cozy Cafe is definitely a place worth repeating.

No comments:

Post a Comment