Monday, April 17, 2017

Auburn Country Oven


While we were visiting family in lower Michigan, we stopped at Auburn Country Oven for dinner one night. And wouldn't you know it, breakfast is served all day! When I read that on a menu, I literally never go further than the breakfast pages. They may have the best chicken dish or be known for their stuffed cabbage, but it doesn't matter, because, breakfast.


It was a tiny place on the inside. My only complaint during the entire experience here is that most of the tables are what feel like 4 tops maximum. The tables were very scrunched. We had 5 with us and barely had any room to move. The decor was pretty cool though. There were two levels in the vaulted ceiling that had colored rope lights that kept changing. They also had a few TV's, to which Jeopardy was on. Kind of a strange choice but maybe people working there just get bored and watch random stuff on TV. It was pretty late by the time we ate dinner. There was no rush and only about 3 tables filled, us included.



I ordered the Western omelet, which just happens to be my favorite omelet of all time. The portions at this restaurant are out of this world. My omelet was huge. It was packed with gooey cheese and cooked green peppers and diced ham. The hash  browns were exactly the way I like them; crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was a perfect breakfast dinner to round up the chaotic day. I highly recommend this restaurant and if you are the opposite of me and actually eat dinner at dinner time, my husband ordered the ribs which looked good, and his uncle ordered the stuffed cabbage which smelled delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment