Thursday, April 16, 2015

Mickey-Lu-Bar-B-Q


On our way home from WI Dells, we decided to stop and get something quick to eat. My husband had posted something a few days earlier about this restaurant and I told him it was really good. I had the opportunity when I was in middle school to eat here with my family. Mickey- Lu's is like stepping back in time. There is a small menu, but everything is cooked to order and is amazing (especially if you love that char-grill flavor).


The restaurant is pretty tiny (although in middle school I had a broken ankle and was using crutches, so you'll do just fine). You can chose to sit at the counter or at one of the tables or booths. Since there were four of us we chose a booth. Our waitress, who gave us brief history of the building (how it was moved there), also told us she had been a waitress  there for over 20 years. She was very friendly, and kept teasing my nephew trying to get him to smile.


She explained that the burgers are pretty small, and to get a double if we were really hungry. So that is exactly what I did. I ordered the double cheeseburger with ketchup and pickles. Yum! These really are some of the juiciest burgers I have ever had!

So okay.... I guess the sign does slightly lie just a bit. There is no actual BBQ here...but the food is still great. And why change a name that everybody knows and loves, just because the food is now different? That is also why there is a HUGE sign above the name of the restaurant, that says "charcoal broiled sandwiches". I would recommend getting a shake on the side, which is also home-made just like everything else here.

This is a must-stop when you are visiting or driving through Marinette! The burgers are definitely worth it!

A link to a "Facebook" page that I BELIEVE is theirs is below. There are also many other positive testimonials from people who absolutely love it.

Mickey-Lu Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment