Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Howie's Restaurant






This was one of the best finds of our trip. Breakfast in the resort was unbelievably expensive and no one wants to eat PB & J's for breakfast every day. It was close to 11am, and we drove until we found somewhere that served breakfast still. Seeing the "Huge breakfast" on the top of the sign, we took a chance. Howie's, open since 1958, only serves breakfast and is open until noon every day. We lucked out!

This restaurant is definitely diner style, and had a little bit of old school charm. Our waitress was very kind and we had drinks and our order in in less than 5 minutes. Before I describe the food, let me say that it was so good, we went back on our way out of town to grab breakfast. Instead of doing two posts (since we had the same waitress and the food was JUST as good if not better the second time around), I'm going to combine them into one.


The first morning we stopped in, I ordered the Western omelet with no onions. Yum! It may look small in the picture, but that is only because it was rolled and not tucked in on the sides like how they normally come when you get them at a restaurant. It was cheesy and packed full of veggies and sausage. The side of hash browns were crispy on the top and soft on the inside, which is exactly how I like them.


Oh yes, that most definitely IS cheese sauce on top of my hash browns. Pictured is the Country Breakfast. I chose bacon for my meat, and my eggs to be over easy. I HAD to add cheese sauce to my hash browns, and had I been paying attention the previous time we went, I would have gotten it then also! This big plate of food with a coffee was less than $10.

I wish we had more home cooked breakfast restaurants at home because I would eat there often. It is kind of off the beaten path while driving through town, but if you are headed towards Walmart coming from Kalahari Resort, it will be on the left hand side. Make it a point to stop here! You won't be disappointed!

A link to their Facebook and main website is below:

Howie's Facebook Page
Howie's Main Website

No comments:

Post a Comment