Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tigin Irish Pub


To finish up our amazing vacation in St. Louis, MO, one of my favorite restaurants of this area happened to be the one located in our hotel. The Tigin Irish Pub not only had the most aromatic mouthwatering smells coming from it, but for once I would have tried almost 80% of everything on a menu. We actually ended up eating here twice. The first time was the night we arrived, and ordered some appetizers before going up to our room to unwind.



I love love love me some soft pretzels. The Bavarian pretzel came with a side of course ground mustard (my favorite) and a homemade beer cheese sauce. I could have put that beer cheese sauce on my fingers and just ate it by itself it was THAT good. The second appetizer we ordered was the Chicken Boxty Quesadilla. The outside was two potato boxties (or thin potato pancake if you will), filled with chicken, pico, Pepper-Jack cheese, and drizzled with chipotle aioli  and a side of shredded lettuce and sour cream. The unfortunate part is that I had to share this with my husband! Every part of this quesadilla tasted fresh and was packed with flavor.



On our separate occasion of eating here for dinner, I ordered the Tigin Pub Burger, which was topped with smoked cheddar, a whiskey bacon marmalade, fried egg, arugula and tomato shoved into a pretzel roll. If the bacon marmalade was in a jar and for sale, I would have purchased a few to take home with us. It was hands down the best part of the burger. It was a little bit overcooked for me but everything worked amazing together, and was served on a wood plank!


The Shepherd's Pie......the only thing bad about this dish is that I had not ordered it instead of my burger. Aside from the beef and rich vegetables that bread was to die for. There was also a side salad that had pickled onions and feta cheese. This is the one of the best dishes that either of us ordered while on our trip.


The perfect ending to any meal, other than dessert of course, is a great cup of coffee. Not only did I get my coffee but it came on a plate with all of the good stuff to stir inside! This restaurant is truly amazing and has a very homey feeling. One of the best meals we had while in St. Louis!

Tigin Irish Pub

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca- from all of us at Tigin, thanks so much for checking us out and the great review!

    ReplyDelete