Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Cafe Cornucopia


Although most hotels now-a-days come with continental breakfast, for me the whole point of food blogging and traveling is to try new places and experience new things, only time is limited. The Cafe Cornucopia was right around the corner from our hotel and had great reviews online so we stopped there for breakfast. Even for it being near a construction zone on the street at the time, there was a steady crowd of locals coming in to pick up to-go orders.


I ordered the fried egg and bacon sandwich. I make these all of the time at home, not saying they are simple to do but it was mid-trip for us and I was really missing something that felt like it was home cooked. The bacon was cooked the way I love it, super crispy with the fat rendered down. The egg was good for the yolks being broken, maybe a little overcooked, but still tasted great with the crispy edges. My own pet peeve is again (and if you follow my blog I am like a broken record on this one), the greasy over crunchy bread. I wish I would have just asked for the insides put in between two lightly toasted pieces of bread, with no butter on the bread but it was still a great breakfast sandwich.


After looking at the pastry selection, we also decided to split a turnover. It was delicious. There wasn't a ton of filling which was a bummer, but since we had to rip it in half to split, I guess it was more of a godsend so that we didn't make a huge mess! And mmm the powdered sugar on this thing! This was a great decision to stop here. All of the food was something I cook from the comfort of my own kitchen, including the pastries, so it was a little slice of Michigan in the middle of Missouri.

Cafe Cornucopia

No comments:

Post a Comment