Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Alibi


While down in lower Michigan on a family related trip, this restaurant was highly suggested as a place for us to try while visiting. Alibi is known for it's amazing pizza, burgers, steaks, you name it. The style to me was as I would describe, a cross between rustic and Italian decor. Besides the fact that we got seated in the bar area, with a very, very loud group of parents who were obsessively drinking with their children with them, the food was definitely worth stopping here for. 


For a starter, I ordered the French Onion soup. Now, I have been a judge of this soup since I was little, ordering it on every family vacation that I went on whenever it was on the menu. Although I wish there was less bread and more onions ratio wise, it was delicious. Not over salted, Not too much greasy cheese, it was all pretty well balanced.


I ordered the Alibi Delight for dinner, which is spaghetti with meat sauce, smothered with Mozzarella cheese. The bowl may look small compared to the fork, but I felt like I ate for a good half an hour and barely touched half of the bowl. The meat sauce with the pasta was really good. There was just enough sauce to mix in with the pasta and it wasn't soupy. My only negative point would be that the cheese tasted like two deli slices of Mozzarella processed cheese that was melted on top of the pasta under a broiler. I mean, it's still technically pasta with Mozzarella, but I would have liked to have seen fresh Mozzarella, or at least some form of cheese that doesn't look like it would have gone better in a sandwich.

Overall, the experience was pretty, not bad, but not very memorable. Part of it may have had to do with the loud obnoxious crowd that we got stuck next to, but part of it was that the food was just decent. Although the soup was very good, the pasta I could have made better in my kitchen at home, and with better products. If you are going to the Alibi to meet friends for a few (or many) drinks and watch a sports game in the bar, that seems to be more of the style, at least it was when we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment