Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Green Mesquite BBQ


While we were staying in Austin, Texas I looked up places that were highly suggested to eat at, and the Green Mesquite happens to be one of the restaurants featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. They have been open since 1988, serving some amazing BBQ, and have live music playing from Thursday-Sunday. We had three tired children with us so we decided to get takeout. 


I ordered the 2 meat BBQ plate. My meat choices were the pulled pork and chicken. For my two sides I ordered mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. The gravy for the mashed potatoes was delicious. The pulled pork was my favorite. There was a great layer of smoke in the pork, and when dipped into the tangy BBQ sauce it was amazing. You also get served white bread, which is perfect for adding the pulled pork, BBQ sauce and pickles to make a small sandwich. I can definitely see why this restaurant was chosen to be on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. This is definitely some good eats, and great BBQ!

Green Mesquite, Facebook Page
Green Mesquite, Main Page
Diners Drive-ins and Dives

No comments:

Post a Comment