Monday, June 1, 2015

Truck Stop Restaurant






While on our way down to Oscoda for Memorial Day weekend, we stopped to grab dinner in St. Ignace. My husband used to be a tow truck driver and has been to the Truck Stop Restaurant may times with his dad. I have always heard about it, and that they have great food, but I had never eaten there.

The inside was pretty old fashioned, but clean none-the-less. We noticed a sign on the door that said "cash only" which was fine because since it was the beginning of vacation we still had some money in the wallet. After overhearing our waitress talk, I guess they had gotten rid of the credit card machines in the more recent past.

We ordered our food and since they serve breakfast all day (which you know by now is my favorite kind of restaurant), we both got something off of the breakfast menu.


I wish I would have put my hand by the picture of food so that you could get an idea of how LARGE this plate was, because the picture doesn't even do it justice. I ordered the Trucker's Omelet, which was a 3 egg omelet filled with diced ham, onion, cheese and breakfast potatoes stuffed inside. It also came with a side order or has browns, and choice of toast.


I mean....look at how small the FORK even looks! I was able to finish about 2/3 of the omelet, the toast and half of the hash browns. It was absolutely mouth watering and if we still didn't have hours in the car left, I would have taken the rest to go.

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive to if we needed refills, to which we didn't because even the cups were gigantic. I did however make the mistake of using the bathrooms before we left, which was pretty gross looking, and smelled even worse. Eat here, but I suggest going to the bathroom elsewhere. As far as the food and the portions go for the price that you pay, I will be back here again.

Truck Stop Restaurant, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment