Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sindaw Eats

 

This past weekend my husband and I planned a trip to Bond Falls. I had never been to that part of the UP before, so I went on TripAdvisor to see if there were any good restaurants on the way there and back to get breakfast and lunch. There was a top rated restaurant in Sidnaw, Michigan, (which no offense to anyone, I had never heard of the town before), that serves breakfast from 8:30 AM to 3PM, which is also their hours of operation.


The building, which used to be a gas station, has been made into a very cute, small diner. I overheard the owner telling another table that most of the decor items throughout the inside were donated by friends or customers. They also ask every customer that comes in if they can take their picture for their Facebook page, which is a great way to get your name and business out there. Especially if people tag themselves. If you hate your picture taken, don't worry, you can respectfully decline with no problem!


I ordered the Sidnaw Saute, since I usually always order breakfast if it's offered all day, and it was before noon. You had your choice of meat, which I chose ham, that is sauteed with green peppers, mushrooms, onions and mixed in with a big heap of hash browns. It is topped with two eggs, cooked however you would like (I always prefer over-easy), and comes with a side of toast. It was not only scrumptious, but the portion was perfect, and I actually ended up taking half of the hash home to cook with later. My husband had pancakes that were filled with fresh fruit and served with real maple syrup in the glass jar right at the table.

This restaurant is one of those places that once you eat here or hear about it, you know when you head back to the area that you will stop. The food is fantastic, the owner is personable, attentive and makes you feel like you are eating at their personal dinner table. This is definitely a place to stop if you are driving on M-28, taking a trip to Bond Falls (26 minutes away) or just want somewhere amazing to eat!

Check out their Facebook page and main website at the links below:

Sidnaw Eats, Main Site
Signaw Eats, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment