Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Aubree's Pizzeria & Grill

 

It has been a long time since I have had Aubree's, years in fact. I am impressed at how much the menu has grown in the last few years. Back when I was in college, I only knew it as a pizza place. In fact, Northern Michigan University voted them the number one best pizza in the area. They now have a wide range of food such as wings and hummus, baked mac and cheese, burgers and sandwiches, salads, and pasta on top of the wide variety of pizzas. The first Aubree's was started in 1972 in Ypsilanti, Michigan, and now has 8 restaurants among the Lower and Upper Peninsula. The UP is very lucky that the owners decided to branch out up here, because the food is fantastic!


For an appetizer, my family chose the Coconut Grove Chicken Sticks that came with a side of sweet chili sauce and a mango chutney. The chicken was slightly on the dry side, but when dipped in the mango chutney they were perfect! The coconut and mango together were a very good match. None of us cared for the sweet chili sauce. It resembled a cocktail or tomato sauce, and all you could taste was a strong tomato flavor.




My husband ordered the Coconut Grove Chicken for his main dish. It is pretty much the appetizer above, only a large perfectly cooked chicken breast coated with the coconut. The sides he ordered were roasted red skin potatoes and seasoned quinoa. I had a small bite of everything and it was amazing. The chicken was moist and flavorful.


My mom ordered the B.A.T. Grilled Cheese. The sourdough bread was filled with sliced avocado, tomato, applewood smoked bacon, and creamy boursin cheese. Even if you didn't have bacon in this sandwich, it would still taste delicious. The boursin cheese has the consistency of a cream cheese but the flavors of an herb goat cheese.



I ordered the Bourbon BBQ Chicken Sandwich with a side of sweet potato fries. I am not normally a coleslaw girl, but I decided to order it as listed. I am glad I did! This sandwich is a grilled chicken breast smothered in a bourbon BBQ sauce, topped with applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and a house-made coleslaw. YUM. I love chicken, but I am also really fussy about it. It can't be too dry, and if I end up getting a piece of chicken fat anywhere it's usually game over. The chicken was PERFECT.

I haven't had the pizza from here yet, but regardless, I recommend eating here (or getting takeout/delivery, as we did). The food was delicious. The only downfall we had was that we all forgot that it was NMU graduation weekend, so the delivery time was bumped up to an hour, as well as pickup. But waiting an hour for THIS food was worth it.

Below are the links to their Facebook page, main website, and the menu out of the Mining Journal. I suggest using the Mining Journal menu because the other two don't list what they fully have.

Mining Journal Menu

Aubree's, Facebook Page

Aubree's Main Site

No comments:

Post a Comment