Sunday, July 20, 2014

Congress Pizza, a little slice of heaven!


I think the ad above tells it all. If you want to stop at a great family style pizza joint, this is the place to stop (if you can find room!).

Growing up, we always used to eat at Congress pizza when we were in Ishpeming visiting my grandparents. My grandpa was friends with the owner at the time, and my sister and I always were excited to go because we got to go behind the counter and fill up our own pops. Technically.....it is a bar and pizza joint. But don't let the bar aspect stop you from bringing your kids, because they have video games to play to keep them occupied. They also recently opened up an outdoor seating area, which is where we decided to sit.

The style of pizza at the Congress is brick oven, thin crust style. What I love, is that they actually put their homemade sauce on top of the melted cheese (100% Mozzarella), and then the toppings go on the top (where they should be). When I was little my dad would always order the sausage and pepperoni pizza. Until I got older, I actually had no idea that they even HAD other types of pizza there. My husband and a few friends of ours decided to order some of our favorites...

the pepperoni pizza, which has exactly 3 slices of pepperoni on each slice...

the BBQ chicken pizza...

and of course my favorite, which is their pizza fries. 

I have yet to have a bad pizza from there, and I have heard that their Cudighi sandwich is also delicious (Ishpeming does seem to have the best Cudighi, which would make sense because it seems like 90% of the local restaurants here are Italian).  Our waitress was as friendly as can be, and actually made small talk and seemed genuinely interested without being overbearing and at the table every five seconds. 

If you haven't eaten here, you need to. And if you have, then I am sure you would agree with all of the above. The best pizza in Ishpeming, and you will not find anything like it in the rest of the Upper Peninsula. 

Below is a link to the menu, and to their Facebook page (which is also filled with amazing reviews and mouth watering pictures!).







No comments:

Post a Comment