Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Flour Garden


Labor day weekend, my family and I decided to brave the Labor Day Craft Show with over 500 vendors in Harrisville, Michigan. After about an hour and a half in 90 degree weather, we all decided it was lunch time and to find somewhere to sit down. The Flour Garden happened to be right across the street so we decided to check it out. We walked in through the gourmet market entrance that carries over 400 imported domestic wines and over 300 imported domestic beers. It also has weird baking and cooking items, baked goods, and old fashioned candy. Since we ate their for lunch, the menu was small, but in this case for me that was a good thing because many of the options looked delicious.


As soon as I saw the BBQ pork sandwich on the menu, I was sold and literally looked no further. I had been craving some good BBQ and my eyes just gravitated towards the word. With your sandwich, you receive a pickle and chips on the side, no substitutions. You can order a side of fries, onion rings etc, but that bumps up the price from around $9 to around $14 or $15. The chips were plenty, as the sandwich was stuffed with pulled pork. Then bun was soft and luckily for me, not buttered on the inside which drives me a little bit crazy. I want my bread for these kinds of sandwiches to be soft, not crunchy.


A few family members ordered the Reuben sandwich, and raved about it. My husband's Uncle stated that it was one of the best Reuben's he has ever had. There were also some not so excited family members that said the burgers were okay, but nothing special. According to everyone's Yelp, Zomato and TripAdvisor comments, this is one of the best places in town for breakfast. I will definitely have to remember that next time we are down that way. A link to their Facebook page is below.

The Flour Garden, Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment