Monday, August 11, 2014

Togo's and folks go together.


I haven't had Togo's in years, so my husband and I decided to stop at the one in Harvey on our way home from Munising.When I was young we used to get Togo's often. Simple ingredients, everything fresh, and bread made homemade every day. I had stopped going for a while because the service got slow, and sloppy. I realize that it is just a sub shop, but when I had been going there and 4 out of 5 times they had messed up the order, it was time for a break. I was surprised in the years that I haven't been there, that they still had the same specials numbers on the "original Togo's" menu.


I ordered my all-time favorite sub, a 6-inch #22, which is lettuce, tomato, pickle, American and Provolone cheese. It comes with onions but, as I'm sure you have noticed in previous posts, I can't stand raw onions. The sauce and seasoning is just oil, salt and pepper.



It was hard to get good pictures of this sub, because even though it was delicious, it looked pretty rough. It was put together pretty sloppy, and there were only about 5 people in the building that had all been served already. But the taste definitely brought me back to my childhood. It was a good fresh sub. To this day, Togo's remains my dad's favorite sub shop. They have many new items and ingredients and it is worth stopping by and trying them out. The link to their main website and Facebook page are below.

Togo's Website, which also has a link to the menu
Togo's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment